Monday, July 2, 2018

In Need Of The Full Armour of GOD (Keep Standing Strong In Christ)

There are many hurting people in the world right now.  This writing I wanted to include for my  "Inspirational Word Of The Day".  It was written nearly 7 years ago, but has become my most read blog post to date.  I pray that it blesses you to continue to "STAND DRESSED FOR BATTLE"




Ephesians 6:10 "Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of His might."
Joshua 1:5, 6, 9

 Being strong in the Lord. Just the other day during prayer the Lord spoke to me, "You are strong." Of late I had been feeling really weak and so far removed from God. My prayers have not been full of fire and zest. My bible reading has been almost non-existent. I still try to read my devotional, but still I felt that something is missing. I seem to be going through a dry spell. And for the Lord to speak that to me made all the difference. It's not so much how I feel, but knowing what I have on the inside of me. With Jesus dwelling on the inside, I am strong. I only need to believe and accept that. God is with me, and has always been with me. The devil's job is to try and convince me that I'm just an old sinner who God doesn't love anymore. When I know good and well that God is no respector of persons.

 Ephesians 6:9 "And, ye masters, do the same things unto them, forbearing threatening; knowing that your Master also is in heaven; neither is there respect of persons with Him."


 So the Lord is no respector of persons. What He does for one He will do for the other. I'm so glad that God is not like man. For man will look at social status. Man will look at the bank account. Man will look at the outward appearance. But God looks at the heart and doesn't favor one over the other. We are wrestling against all these powers and principalities that satan is sending our way. Things that he sends to distract us from the Word of God. The devil is the great deceiver and he will get you to sin only to lie even further to you that God doesn't care. And to walk around without the full armour on is deadly. We must seek God for that armour and we must pray also for each other. I see some people who seem to be so anointed in God but instead of praying for their weaker brethren they put them down and judge them. They don't bring that brother's needs before the Lord.

 Ephesians 6:18 "Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints."

 We have got to pray for each other. We have to pray for all saints. All of God's people are going through trials. Some people may not talk about all that they go through. They may tell only God and a select few. So, even if we know our brethren are not suffering because they don't tell it, we will be doing our duty to just pray for all the saints. For a long time I have not told anyone about some of the things that I go through. I will tell two or three and sometimes I don't tell anyone. I just tell God when I'm on my knees. But I also know that there are people that are praying for me all over the world. Some that I may know, and some that I don't know at all. When a prayer goes out for God to protect and preserve His saints then that prayer is for me. We have to learn to pray for the entire body of Christ. So there is always a reason to pray.

 "Supplication in the Spirit"

There will be many times when we don't know what to pray. We will come before God and not know what direction to go in our prayer. I always ask the Lord to make intercession for me for He knows the mind of the Spirit. There are instances when all I can do is just get down upon my knees and just cry. There are tears but no words. Just a heavy heart. It is then that the Lord makes intercession for me. He will begin to speak through me in unknown tongues. And I feel a whole different anointing. It's these moments that I feel really close to God. I wouldn't mind if that happens all the time. It doesn't happen all the time for me but I wished that it did. But we are to have a purpose when we approach to God. I know that I want to pray for God's people. I don't always do that and I ask God to really help me. Sometimes I'm just so overwhelmed by life that it's difficult to pray at all. This I know is satan himself. The devil will bring things to you while you're praying to try and distract you. Everything seems important when you're praying and the devil will put these things before you as to not reach out to God. That's why I love when God makes intercession for me. But I have got to learn how to continually stand up to the devil with the Word of God and faith. This is what makes us strong. We already have what we need. God told us to simply be strong. He didn't say go and try to get strong He said "Be strong". We do this by keeping on the full armour of God for if we do that then when trials and adversities come our way we are already prepared to "Be" and not to "try to be". Every child of God must keep on the full armour. We must always be ready to fight. Like a soldier going out to battle. He doesn't get ready when the war has started...he has already prepared before the war ever began.




Ephesians 6:11-18 "Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God. Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints."

"There shall not any man be able to stand before thee all the days of thy life; as I was with Moses, so I will be with thee: I will not fail thee, nor forsake thee. Be strong and of a good courage: for unto this people shall thou divide for an inheritance the land, which I sware unto their fathers to give them. Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee withersoever thou goest.