Monday, March 20, 2017

YOUR FEARS FOR HIS PEACE




After I was diagnosed with cancer in December, 2015, I faced many fearful days.  The hardest part was not knowing how my body was going to react to the cancer treatment (chemo and radiation).  I also dreaded the countless scans and tests.

When I had my first full body bone scan in January, 2016 I was really nervous..  Being claustrophobic didn't help matters.  The test was to last about 45 minutes.  "How in the world am I going to get through this?"  "I'm suppose to just lie here and not move a muscle!"  
I then closed my eyes and focused on the Word of God.  I held my prayer cloth in my hand and started to silently speak faith words.  "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for You are with me.  Your rod and your staff comforts me".  "For He shall give His angels charge over me, to keep me in all my ways."  "I am not alone, for my Father is with me."

I began to calm down and relax the more that I focused on God's word.  I knew that Jesus was right there with me, even though Satan was trying to get me to look at my fears.  You may be facing a tough challenge today, and don't know how you're going to get through it all.  There may not be anyone you can confide in, but you can talk to the Lord.  He loves and cares for you.  He's your creator, and He knows more about you than anyone else.  Open the Word of God and allow Him to speak to you right now.   He's always there by your side, taking you through all the dark tunnels in your life.  Jesus Christ is forever and always with you! Give Him your fears, and He will give you His peace!