Friday, March 24, 2017

CHOOSE TO TRUST GOD


Image result for wait on the lord and be of good courage



As I woke this morning and got upon my knees, it was so still and quiet.  I pulled out my bible and got in my usual place of prayer.  I couldn’t speak.  I’m sure many of us have felt this way.  The words wouldn’t come, but I knew God understood it all.  I picked up my flashlight and wrote an inscription in my bible, “I choose to keep trusting God, no matter how things look now, for He is faithful to His word.” 

Jesus sees all the tears that we cry.  He feels all the hurts and pains we encounter.  In the moments that we want to lash out against insensitive words spoken against us we just keep going.  Sometimes we don’t understand it all, but He does.  Anger and bitterness can rear their ugly heads, but we silently just keep going.  Why?  Because we know that it is God who fights our battles.  The hardest thing sometime is letting go and letting God.  We want to strike back, but we know the best fighting is always upon our knees. 


Has someone close to you hurt you lately?  Does it seem that no matter how hard you try, that you’re fighting a losing battle?   You have two options:  Retaliate back, or make a choice to turn the situation over to God and let Him fight the battle!  He has promised that He would never leave nor forsake us.  Don’t put your trust in your feelings, but continue to put them in Jesus.  We serve a mighty God that works on the behalf of those who puts their trust in Him.  Fear not, because He’s faithful to His word.  Turn it all over to the Lord.