Thursday, March 9, 2017

Think On These Things

"Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things"

Philippians 4:8


***From the Blog Archive Series, May 26, 2011***


I had a friend tell me once that I worried too much, and that my mind was always thinking negatively and in defeat.  I didn't like it at first, but as I really thought about it I knew that what he said  was absolutely right.  What I focused on most and took in to my mind is what proceeded from my mouth.  I was destroying myself with my own thoughts.

"As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he"

Proverbs 23:7

I learned to realize that the more I meditated on the Word of God and learned to speak the language of the Bible, the better off I was.   God began to heal me from my hurt.  I started to feel victorious.  I started to feel free.  God took the blinders off my eyes and I started to see all of His true beautiness.  Sometimes all we have to do is open up our eyes to the world around us to see how truly blessed we are.  I have eyes to see.  I have ears to hear.  I have feet to walk.  I have food on my table.  I have clothes to wear on my back.  All the little "seeminly" small things I took for granted because I was only dwelling on the things that I didn't have.  But, I know better now.  O, God do I know better!  But it took Jesus to truly open my eyes.  Yes, I am blessed and I know it!  But only after God showed me in His Word where my mind should be focused.  Thank you, Jesus!