Tuesday, June 6, 2017

A Funny Thing Happened on The Way to REVELATION by Rebecca Lagace





A Funny Thing Happened on The Way to REVELATION


Hello everyone! This is an exciting year for me. Even though I was a little anxious about making the commitment, I took the challenge and started reading the WORD OF GOD with a group this year. It isn’t a fancy plan. We’re reading about four chapters a day, straight through. Yes, straight through the begats, the brutality, and the sheer exquisite beauty of it all! I’ve been newly amazed at the sheer magnificence of the WORD OF GOD! As many times as I’ve read and studied it, it’s come alive as never before to me this year.
I’ve been challenged, I’ve been energized. I’ve been excited, I’ve been thrilled. I’ve been mystified, I’ve been amazed. Over the last four months I’ve become more and more enchanted with the WORD. I can’t wait until next year, when I can start reading it all over again!





A few days ago, I reached Psalm 1 in my challenge. When I arrived at that chapter, a funny thing happened. I felt as though I just needed to stop for a while. I felt as though I’d arrived at the familiar home of an old friend, and I just wanted to stay for a visit. Maybe sit out on the back porch and enjoy the view. Bask in the fresh air. Enjoy some silent contentment together ~ the peace that can only come from intimacy with the Lord.
You see, I memorized Psalm 1 some years ago. And when I was suffering last year with physical pain, this was one of the chapters I recited constantly. I still do.
This isn’t the only chapter dear to my heart. As I read on, I realize that the Psalms, like the rest of the WORD OF GOD, are for me a healing balm, a soothing way station in my life. An oasis in any and every desert I’ve ever known. As I arrived at some more of my favorite verses, I had to camp there.
The Psalms are a mainstay in my life. Through them God has blessed me in the worst of times. Through them, He often sustains me. So when I arrived here, I breathed a deep sigh of relief and sat down for a peaceful rest.





Oh, don't get me wrong. There are HUNDREDS of verses in the WORD OF GOD that sustain me. But right now I’m taking a rest in Psalm 18. Here are a few reasons why:

The Lord is my Rock, my Fortress and my Deliverer. Psalm 18:2

You, O Lord, keep my lamp burning; my God turns my darkness into light. Psalm 18:28

It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect. He makes my feet like the feet of a deer; He enables me to stand on the heights. Psalm 18:33
If you’re in need of a healing balm and a rest for your soul, consider the Psalms. You’ll find the peace and comfort that you need. And you may discover that, like me, you’ll want to stay there.

The Lord is my Shepherd; I shall not want. Psalm 23:1