Monday, April 3, 2017

REMEMBER YOUR FRIENDS IN PRAYER

Image result for pray for your friends




“And the LORD turned the captivity of Job, when he prayed for his friends:  also the LORD gave Job twice as much as he had before”

Job 42: 10


When I hear of the problems that my friends are going through I don’t cease to call their names out to God in prayer.  There was a time when it was easy for me to get down to pray and I would only concentrate on my own problems.  This was selfish praying.  The LORD wants soldiers who will cry out for the needs of those around them, and not think about only their loved ones, and worse yet, themselves. 

Reading the story of Job hit home for me.  Even after all the accusations that they railed at him, (from being self-righteous to a sinner), Job remembered his friends in prayer.  He didn’t let what they did, or said, stop him from doing what the Lord requires from all of His people.  When the love of God is shed abroad in our heart, then in spite of how we’re treated by people, we will pray for them.

“Brothers and sisters, pray for us”

I Thessalonians 5:35 (NIV)


Do you know of someone struggling through major problems right now?  Pray for them.  We were not made to only think about our own loved ones, but to reach out for others as well.  When I’m going through trials I know that there’s always someone else who are dealing with much worse.  I also know that I wouldn’t be the person that I am today had not someone else prayed for me.  Just as Job, the Lord will turn our problems around when we remember to pray for others.  Reach out and make a difference today by remembering your friends in prayer.  They may not be in the place that they need to be in God, but never cease praying for them.  You will be doubly blessed for doing so.