Friday, May 12, 2017

HOLD FAST UNTIL THE END


"But he that shall endure until the end, the same shall be saved"

Matthew 24:13

This morning during my walk, I noticed something about my dogs.  They are all so gung ho and antsy in the beginning of my walk, and can usually be found nearby.  But, as I continue to walk for 20, 30, 45, or 60 minutes they have long since retreated to the back porch of home, or to some shady area to cool off.  They couldn't hang with me until the end.  They started out with me, but gave up somewhere along the way.

On this journey there will be many that will start out with you.  They will have good intentions of finishing, but because of the strain of the journey, they will quit.  The storms and trials of life becomes unbearable.  Instead of pressing on to attain the goal set for the race, they give up because it gets too hard.  The LORD is looking for those soldiers who will endure until the end.  Those who are steadfast and hold firmly in their faith in Him.

Let's be real, things will get difficult.  The road will get rocky.  People who you once trusted to be there for you will walk away.  Friends will become enemies.  Will you want to give up?  Yes!  Will there be pains and sorrows?  Yes!  Will you feel that you are in this alone sometimes?  Yes!  But, be like-minded as the Apostle Paul who said in Philippians 3:13-14, "Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended:  but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before.  I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus."

I don't know how many times I've sat and cried and the words wouldn't come.  All I could do was lift my eyes and soul up to the LORD and He calmed all my fears and rejuvenated me for the journey.  Just as He sustained the prophet Elijah when he fled from the wrath of evil Jezebel who was having all the prophets killed, and Elijah having to flee for his life to the wilderness, God sent an angel to give him food and water because, the LORD said, "Elijah, the journey is too great for you."

When I pray and read the Word of God, I don't care what I might be going through at the time, God always comes through.  When people who started with you change and suddenly become your enemy, take courage and hold on to a God who never changes.  Listen and obey when He speaks to your heart.

"God is not a man, that He should lie; neither the son of man, that He should repent:  has He said, and shall He not do it?  or has He spoken, and shall He not make it good?

Numbers 23:19

Hang in there, fellow soldiers.  Don't give up now.  Your greatest victory lies just up the road ahead.  Keep looking unto Him who is the Author and Finisher of your faith.  Amen!