Monday, May 9, 2011

Wisdom From Proverbs (15:1)

"A gentle answer turns away wrath, But a harsh word stirs up anger."
Proverbs 15:1
Be mindful today of how you speak to people and the tone of voice that you use.  Sometimes it is not so much what we say, but how we say it.   I have learned from experience that I can get a lot more accomplished by speaking softly and kindly to people than by being harsh.  I know that it could be difficult sometimes when certain people that you speak to come at you in a hostile way.  But ask the LORD to prepare your heart in situations like these how to answer such people.

"The preparations of the heart in man, and the answer of the tongue, is from the LORD"
Proverbs 16:1


Prayer:  "LORD, teach me how to answer people who may speak harshly to me and help me to win them by the knowledge you place in my heart.  In Jesus name, Amen!"