Thursday, February 13, 2014

Coming To God With Confidence

 
 
"Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need"
Hebrews 4:16 (KJV)
 
"Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need"
Hebrews 4:16 (NIV)
 
Not too long ago I watched a segment on Quarterback Aaron Rodgers of the Green Bay Packers on ESPN.  One thing that stood out with me from what he said was that he's always been a confident man and that he believed in himself even when others doubted him and his abilities when he was picked to replace the legendary Brett Favre.  That word "confidence" really stuck with me.  As I prayed a short time later, the LORD spoke to me about that verse from Hebrews 4:16.  He was saying to me that we can approach Him with boldness and put our confidence in Him as our High Priest.  While I feel that I am a confident woman at times, sometimes I doubt because of my many failures.  I wouldn't say that I yet feel as confident as Aaron Rodgers does in his own abilities, but the LORD is saying to me that I can place confidence in Him as my LORD and Savior. 
 
 
 
Because of Him and the many times He has seen me through my trials, I can trust Him.  There is no pain that He can't feel.  There is no problem that is too hard for Him to handle.  When I approach His throne I can come boldly with that confidence that He knows, feels, and cares.  Sometimes we doubt ourselves and our own abilities for this reason or another, but we never have to doubt our High Priest.  When we cease from thinking we can rely upon our own selves and rely confidently upon what Christ has already done we can boldly enter into His rest (Hebrews 4:10).  So it is "No More I" but Christ Jesus who has already paid the price.  It is finished!  It is done!  Others may not care about our struggles and toils, but Jesus does.  He truly feels our pain.  We can bring all things to Him, big or small.  We have that confidence.  Amen!