Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Fighting The Good Fight


"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith." 2 Timothy 4:7

 We have to keep fighting, we have to keep running, and we must keep the faith.  No matter what our circumstances are, or no matter how things may seem to us, we must keep trusting in God.  We should not put our faith in man or ourselves.  We have to keep fighting until Jesus comes back to take us home.  There will be some good days and some bad days.  There will be some things that happen that we may not understand.  Each of us all have a race to run.  We may not all finish at the same time.  But we must keep running until we do.  We can't fight unless we are filled up with Jesus' Spirit dwelling on the inside of us.  We can't fight this battle with physical strength.

  "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.  Wherefore take unto you the whole armor of God that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.”   Ephesians 6:12-13

 When I think about all the mental battles that I fight on a daily basis I realize that I can't fight these demons without the Word of God.  How often the devil comes to me trying to get me to doubt the Word of God and to walk in a spirit of fear and anxiety.  But God did not give me a spirit of fear (2 Timothy 1:7).  My prayer this morning was for the Lord to put me on a fast.  I want to have that sound mind (self-discipline).  That seems to be lacking in my life at the moment. There are times when I don't seem to have any control over my actions and the things that I do.  But I know that it's not the Lord's will that I walk in fear and to be in doubt about anything.  I only need to trust in Him and always lean upon Him for all things.  My mind has been constantly on so many things.  I can't seem to focus on anything.  I can't seem to stick to doing anything that I feel that I need to do.  I know that I want to fast but is finding it so difficult.  But, I'm going to trust God in His Word and do what it says.  The devil is constantly on my track and trying to get me to doubt what God says.  He's trying to make you doubt what God says.  Take the full armor of God and fight the devil.  There is no way he can win over the spoken Word of God. 

Scriptures to focus on today

2 Timothy 1:7 “For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline."

Psalms 19: 14 “Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength and my redeemer."