Monday, March 9, 2015

A CHRIST BUILT HOME


"Every wise woman builds her house:  but the foolish plucks it down with her hands"
Proverbs 14:1

When I married my husband in 2012 I became a stepmother to four children (a son, 18 years old, and three daughters, ages 8, 12, 16).  To say that I was a little scared is an understatement.  I had no idea whatsoever of what it took to be a good mother and I didn't feel that I was prepared at all.  I knew that it would take much prayer.  So I prayed often, and a lot.

"Now to Him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us"
Ephesians 3:20

The LORD helped me to see that, though it looked impossible, that He makes all things possible.  Children from divorced homes are sometimes hard to deal with because there's always that trust issue.  In their minds no one could ever take the place of their biological parent.  There were certainly moments when I felt overwhelmed.  My constant prayer was, "Lord, please teach me how to be a good mother and wife."  I knew that I had no prior experience and that only He could teach me.  Of course, living in the moment taught me as well and it was no easy feat, but one thing that I knew for sure, nothing was impossible with God.

"Pray without ceasing"
I Thessalonians 5:17

I knew, just as I know now, there is only one foundation to build upon, and that is Jesus Christ.  I have learned that anybody can have a house, but it takes faith in God to build a home.

"Except the LORD build the house, they labor in vain that build it"
Psalm 127:1

I pray daily for my husband and children.  We have come through so much in our family these last three years.  For every tear that I've shed the LORD has never failed to show me that when I choose to put my faith in Him that He won't let me down.  There is still so much to be done, but I'm so thankful that now I can sit down with my family and we can pray and study the bible together.  My son, who is now 22, gave his life to Christ last year and the Lord has completely changed him.  Oh what a blessing that is!  I am convinced that the LORD puts nothing on us that He knows we can't bear.  Though the storms may rage He is still on board speaking, "Peace be still".  I'm thankful for the battle scars and for the Lord Christ Jesus who is teaching me how to build my home, and that's by much prayer and supplication.  Praise be to His holy name!