Monday, March 16, 2015

HAVING CONFIDENCE IN GOD


"For the LORD shall be your confidence, and shall keep your foot from being taken" Proverbs 3:26

"LORD, I need more confidence!"

These were the words that I spoke to the LORD a couple of weeks ago as I agonized over my dilemma of not being able to win this battle of the bulge and to drop a few pounds.  Here I was, wondering why I'm always failing when it comes to losing a little weight.  "Why is this always so hard for me?", I asked myself.

I was led to study come scriptures on confidence.  I didn't really have the assurance that I could ever do this on my own and I tended to beat myself up when I made all the wrong choices, and it seemed I was always making the same mistakes.  The Word of God is a medicine.  We can use it to fix all the problems we will ever have in this life.  Here I was....reading it daily....but I was not putting it to work in my life.

"But be you doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.  For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like to a man beholding his natural face in a glass.  For he beholds himself, and goes his way, and immediately forgets what manner of man he was.  But whoso looks into the perfect law of liberty, and continues therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed"
James 1: 22-25

Wanting something bad enough, and working toward something that you want bad enough, are two different things.  What I've been relying upon is confidence in my own weak flesh, and not fully trusting the LORD to help me through this.  My area of weakness has always been food and turning to it instead of God in moments of stress and temptation.  I've been dealing with bouts of depression since coming into menopause.  Though my doctor prescribed me medication to treat this disorder, what has worked best for me is prayer and the Word of God.  But, I'm still dealing with my addiction to food.

"And this is the confidence that we have in Him, that, if we ask any thing according to His will, He hears us.  And if we know that He hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petition that we desired of Him"
I John 5: 14-15



Herein lies my answer, and I thank the LORD for guiding me through His Word.  I can start anew, and I can drop some weight.  I need only trust God.  

I will keep updates on my progress.  This will be a good accountability practice.  Please remember me in your prayers.  From strength to strength....We Stand.