Wednesday, February 1, 2017

MY CHILD I AM HERE

MY CHILD I AM HERE

“Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path”
Psalm 119:15 (KJV)

How could this be happening? 
In a few weeks, I am supposed to be getting married, but here I sit, nervously prancing about in the intensive care waiting area, wondering if my fiancé   was going to pull through.  Just a week after getting engaged, meeting the family, and planning my wedding, my husband to be lay fighting for his life.

Just three years earlier, before we met, he lay in this same intensive care room with a bout of double pneumonia and the family was told to prepare for the worst, and that he would not make it through the night.  I didn’t know, if I was faced with seeing the man I love so close to death, if I could endure such anguish.   Now it was my reality.
Lord, please help me!  This cannot be the way the story will end. 

Having arrived in Missouri and not yet knowing anyone outside my fiancé and his children, I was feeling rather desolate and distressed.  I kept looking at the engagement ring on my finger. It took everything in me not to scream. 
Then I noticed the Gideon bible on the coffee table.  Lord just feed me with Your word.
“Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen”
As I read Hebrews 11 my fears began to calm.  I whispered to my stepdaughter, “Would you like to go and pray with me?”  I know that she was worried too and wondered if her dad was going to make it. 
We found a place inside the bathroom adjacent to the waiting area. 
“He belongs to You Lord.  Restore his health and life back. I give this all to You.” 

As I sit here, nearly 5 years later, I am reminded how merciful and gracious is our Savior. My husband was moved from intensive care to a private room the next morning. We got married a month later.

God will always lead you back to His word.  He will direct you in those moments when you feel that all hope is gone.  He knows the meaning behind every tear that you shed.  Open His word and you will hear Him gently speaking to you, “My child, I am here!”