Friday, February 3, 2017

THE LIFTER UP OF OUR HEADS

Read ( Psalm 3)

I’ve heard the old saying, ‘Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never harm me.’  I surely can’t speak for anyone else, but harsh words have stung me many times. 
 
I can recall a few years ago, after helping providing a place to stay for a person close to me and their wife, false lies and accusations were spread around.  It was a troubling time, to say the least. 
The hardest part, when something like this happens, is having to face these same individuals again.  How could I do this without degrading my own integrity and self-worth?  Retaliation perhaps?
Having been raised to treat people the way that I would like to be treated, and ‘if you don’t have anything nice to say about someone then don’t say it’, I decided to take the high road.
 
“But Thou, O LORD, art a shield for me; my glory, and lifter up of mine head” (Psalm 3:3)
Indeed, Jesus Christ lifted my head! When lies were meant to break me down, the Lord shielded me.

Have you been hurt recently by lies and innuendos, or perhaps had a falling out with someone over trivial misunderstandings?  Have your feelings been crushed by disparaging words? 
Give it over to Jesus!  It’s always what Satan wants us to do is retaliate.  The Lord always sustains His people.  He cares right now that your heart may be breaking over a hurtful situation. 


Close your eyes and say this prayer, “Lord, I can’t choose how people treat me; all the mean things that were spoken.  I do choose to speak and trust Your word.  You are the lifter up of my head.  Take the hurt and pain that I’m feeling Jesus, and turn it for my good.  In Jesus name, I pray.  Amen!