Wednesday, February 8, 2017

SPEAK WORDS OF FAITH





Read (James 3: 6-9; Ephesians 4:29; Colossians 4:6)


The words that come out of our mouth are important.  Whether we are directing our language toward someone else, or using them on our self, what we speak could be a matter of life, or death.

“Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and those who love it will eat its fruit”
Proverbs 18:21 (NASB)

We have all said unkind and thoughtless things to other people.  The sad thing is, once we utter something, we can’t take it back.  We can apologize to the person, but the damage has already been done.  That is why it is vitally important to watch our words.  We can either uplift someone, or bring them down.  All with the smallest member in our body…. the tongue!

“So also the tongue is a small part of the body, and yet it boasts of great things.  See how great a forest is set aflame by such a small fire!  And the tongue is a fire, the very world of iniquity; the tongue is set among our members as that which defiles the entire body, and sets on fire the course of our life, and is set on fire by hell”
James 3: 5-6 (NASB)

The Bible is full of  scriptures on the tongue, and how we should use our words. 

What damage we can do to others…and ourselves…. just from what comes out of our mouth!

You may hear it all the time, “You are so quiet;” “Is anything wrong?” “Cat got your tongue?”

I’ve heard them all, and you probably have, too.  But I’ve also read the Good Book.  So, no matter how insignificant I feel in the midst of people who deem it necessary to always be speaking, it is my choice to listen, and to remain silent. 

  When there are many words, transgression is unavoidable.  But he who restrains his lips is wise” (Proverbs 10:19)

I’ve learned so much by staying in the Word of God.  How to speak to other people.  How to utter words over myself.  I want to encourage you today to start loving yourself enough to know that what comes out of your mouth can make you better, or it can make you bitter. Your own words, can be used to elevate you to the highest heaven, or bring you down to the lowest hell.  So, speak words of faith! 

  “I’m fearfully and wonderfully made!”  “I’m an heir of God, and joint heir with Christ!”  “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!”  “I am forgiven!”  “I am delivered!”  “I am set free!” 

We are more than conquerors through Jesus Christ!  (Romans 8:37)  Stop looking at yourself as a failure.  Don’t let Satan lie to you!  You are beautiful!  You are loved!  When God made you He saw the finished product, and it was very good!  (Genesis 6:31)

Start speaking words of faith, and not failure.  Say what God says, and you won’t go wrong!

Prayer:  “Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in Your sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.  In Jesus name.  Amen.