Monday, February 6, 2017

WELCOME HOME

As I came in from the daily duties of farm chores, there were messages on my phone from family back home.  My first impulse was to wonder if someone was hurt, or sick.  I don’t usually get back to back phone calls unless something is wrong.  Please, Lord, let everything be okay, I silently prayed.

When I reached my sister, it was then that I got the news.  Becky Santana just passed away.
Her parents were members of my home church in Macon, Georgia, and though I didn’t know Becky the same as I did her folks, she was a beautiful and wonderful young lady.  She had recently been diagnosed with cancer, and the prognosis had looked dim.

Learning of her death, which came so suddenly after her diagnosis, gripped my heart.
Lord, I know that she’s in a much better place right now.  She is no longer suffering.
As I prayed for her family I picked up my Bible and read these words:

“Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of His saints” (Psalm 116:15)

We mourn when someone close to us passes away.  Death leaves an unmistakable void, which at times, is never filled.  But we, as believers, know that this earth was never meant to be our eternal home.  When our life ends here, we are promised a mansion prepared by Jesus Christ Himself.  What a precious revelation.

“In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you.  I go to prepare a place for you.  And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also” (John 14: 2-3)

When we accept Jesus Christ as our personal Savior, it is a gift from God.  One of these days we are all going to die.  We make the decision where our eternal home will be.  Heaven or Hell.  There are no negotiations in the afterlife.

  “For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord” (Romans 6:23)

My dear, precious sister, Becky, is now in her eternal home.  Jesus is smiling because another one of His precious children has entered that eternal rest.  What the Lord has planned for us is to live ever and eternal with Him where there will be no more tears, pain, sorrow, or suffering. Though we are grieving for Becky here, what she now hears is "Welcome Home My Sweet Child!"


 
(Becky Santana)
January 6, 1979 - January 6, 2017